Does your Son or Daughter want to get their first JOB? Do they know how to write a resume? Do they know what to wear without losing their identity? DO they know what to say at a job interview? Do they know what questions to ask? Do they know how to open a bank account, fill out a tax form? … NO?… We’re here to help!
NUU is a program & conference series designed to assist youth to gain “Real World” skills.
Our School Program Explores:
- Writing a resume; what counts as experience and showcasing their innate skills in the best light.
- Finding referees; who can vouch for you.
- How to approach employers; in person and online.
- Online applications – how to navigate them, what to write.
- Preparing for a job interview; what to wear, what to say and not say in an interview, how to follow up.
- What to do when they’ve got the job; opening a bank account, getting a TFN, finding out work conditions and how much pay is.
- Financial responsibility – saving money, budgeting, money management . Financial intelligence leads to confident and secure adults. (skills not taught in schools)
If you would like to know more about the NUU project I how you can get involved, click the logo above to visit the website of click here to contact us at OPOP.
An outgrowth of the NUU project the NUU Magazine will provide “real world” stories and education.
Articles on interview techniques, personal finance, traps & pitfalls, Job hunting and more… this is not a fluff magazine, this publication aims to give our youth real world skills to help them survive the world we have created.
OPOP is looking for volunteers or sponsorship to help us make this magazine a reality for our Youth if you have skills in print and publishing media or if you have stories you would like to add, please feel free to contact us to assist us make this a reality.